Top ten bumper stickers we really don’t want for our city:
- You’ve landed in the wrong place.
- History? We don’t need no stinking history.
- Ignoring General Palmer’s vision since 1871.
- Bare dirt parks: Enjoy!
- The buck doesn’t even slow down here.
- Less than you’d expect.
- It’s how we’re all disconnected.
- We used to have a downtown.
- We don’t care. We don’t have to.
- Imagine a mediocre city.
Have we hit a “tipping point” as a city? Will these slogans describe our community in the future, or will we tweak one or two words in each one…changing the meaning in dramatically positive directions?
Time will tell.
However, as a practical optimist, I realize there are two key elements that hamstring governments worldwide…1) whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly, and 2) it’s not whether you win or lose, but how you place the blame.
I guess I’d rather be out fixing problems than fixing blame. Anyone else?
Next week, after the City budget dust settles: a list of what PPCF is doing around our community to make our city a better place to live, and how you can help!